WOODS is a new knitting book created by Verena Cohrs and Hannah Lisa Haferkamp, who founded the independent publishing company Making Stories, fuelled by their desire to share their passion for local, breed-specific European yarns and modern minimalistic knitwear design.
Verena and Hannah Lisa have teamed up with amazing designers and European yarn companies as well as a team of wonderful makers on this journey to create a book that shines a spotlight on sustainable, local yarns, celebrates new and established designers, and shares tons of knitting knowledge.
The book includes
- 11 modern, minimalistic knitwear patterns
- Designers: Becky Sørensen, Claire Walls, Ida Nielsen, Jenn Steingass, Jessica Gore, Linda Dubec, Nele Druyts, Orlane Sucche, Rhiannon Owens, Ruth Werwai, Verena Cohrs
- Yarn Partners: Blacker Yarns, Black Isle Yarns, De Rerum Natura, Hey Mama Wolf Yarns, Isle Yarns, Lana Rara, Moel View Yarn, Ovis Et Cetera, Sherwood Yarn, South Down Yarn, Tukuwool
- 4 long form tutorials: cast on & bind off, sizing, heel construction, seaming & basting.
- 2 interviews with Karen Templer of Fringe Association on sweater construction and Clare Devine on sock construction.
- 2 long form articles about local, breed-specific yarns - one focusing on Europe, and one with a very special guest from overseas, Megan Elizabeth of Wool Days.
Weight: 23.5 oz
Made in: Germany