Laine Magazine Issue 9 - 1833 (FALL/WINTER 2019)
Laine is a high-quality Nordic knit & lifestyle magazine for knit folks. Laine includes patterns from leading knitwear designers, insightful, long-format stories from the world of wool, interviews, exciting travel articles, seasonal recipes and strong, visual storytelling. The magazine is filled with beautiful knitwear designs as well as stunning photography.
Issue nine, 1833, which was shot in the beautiful Finnish archipelago includes:
- 13 knitting patterns from a talented group of designers: Fiona Alice, Rachel Brockman, Olga Buraya-Kefelian, Aleks Byrd, Renée Callahan, Verena Cohrs,Elly Fales, Whitney Hayward, Marianne Munier, Lavanya Patricella, Lucía Ruiz de Aguirre, Susanne Sommer and Becky Sørensen
- an interview with Lavanya Patricella (please see note below regarding this interview)
- a long-format story about Petra Mikaelsson from Fru Valborg
- my story by Kristine Vejar from A Verb For Keeping Warm
- a column by Jeanette Sloan
- seasonal recipes
- a travel guide to Munich, featuring the best spots to stay, eat and shop
Note: As many of you may already be aware from social media, there has been a major edit to Laine issue 9 (made after the official release date) more specifically to the interview with Lavanya Patricella.
Sini and Jonna of Laine worked closely with Lavanya to handle this incident as thoughtfully and respectfully as possible and according to her wishes, and Lavanya subsequently handed in the re-edited version of the interview. Laine have now posted a revised version on their journal. They have also prepared a re-layout the article and provided a pdf of it to their stockists. The pdf was provided after all pre-ordered copies of the issue had been shipped out by us, and a number of other copies sold on the release date. However, if any of you who have purchased this issue from Farm to Cable Yarns wish to receive a copy of this revised pdf version, please contact us and we would be happy to share it with you.
Furthermore, we encourage you to read Laine’s own statement on their web site, as well as Lavanya's comments on the article and the incident.